Tuesday, September 30, 2008

So, a lot has happened in the last couple of days. First of all, my Apple decided to stop working. I don't know about you guys, but a great deal of my life is in my computer. I was so upset when it wouldn't turn on, but I told myself not to worry because the next day we were going on an all-staff retreat for four days...surely in that amount of time, I could find someone tecky (hopefully one of the tech guys at our schools) to help me out. Despite asking several people, I still do not have a working computer...in fact, no one even looked at it. The tech guys promised to help after break, the idea another guys gave me (who had no idea what to do with Macs) did not work, and another guy was not able to work on it because the internet at the hotel we were at was not working.
Now, keep in mind, this is the way I was beginning my break. I was in a horrible mood and I couldn't think of any good reason why they were making me go 45 min away from home to stay in a hotel for four days with everyone else when all I wanted to do was sleep. I am ashamed to say that I kept this attitude for the whole first day that I was there. However, Dad is merciful and teaches us things a little at a time. My first night at the hotel (despite very hard beds) I slept for 11 hours (plus a 2 hours nap the afternoon before), I read part of a book (something I had not done in ages), and I spent a great deal of time talking to friends. The two days after that followed the exact same trend. So, despite my horrible attitude about this weekend, I am coming home well rested, at peace and content, and I have grown closer to some of the staff at our school. Isn't it amazing how even when we are griping and complaining, Dad chooses to show himslef to us in ways that we neither expect or deserve? I am so grateful that he has given his love to me.
Anyone else feel that way too? I love you all and I really hope that someone is reading this blog... :P

No comments: