Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Funny Mistake...That I Will Probably Repeat

So yesterday I was getting dressed and I decided to wear this cute Chinese looking red jacket with some ebroidery on it. It is finally cool enough out that I can wear it so I pulled it on and tried to make myself look nice. My roommates mentioned that I looked nice, but I thought nothing of it as we walked out the door. I realized I had made a mistaked within 20 minutes. As all the staff piled on the bus almost every person (young, old, male, and female) stopped to tell me how nice I looked. If you know me, you know I really don't like that much attention. What really made me laugh is when they started asking me which tailor had made the jacket for me. When I replied that my mother had bought it somewhere in the States for me they were shocked. And all I could think is this is going to be an interesting day. The day continued to get funnier at school when every Chinese person I saw asked me where I got the jacket. They were also shocked that my mother had bought it in America. The funniest part of the day though was when I went to lunch. I was walking up to make me salad when my roommate's TA stopped me and asked about my jacket. I answered with the now familiar response on where the jacket came from. She said, "This jacket it very beautiful. This is what Chinese brides wear." I'm sure I looked shocked because I was. I almost took off the jacket right at that moment, but instead I started laughing and said I had no idea. It was an interesting day to say the least...and part of me feels like I should not wear the jacket again...but then again I love the jacket. :) What do you guys think? Should I become a Chinese bride again on another day? :P

No comments: