Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Teaching

So...have you ever felt like you are treading water and not really going anywhere...well, my teaching has kinda felt that way during the last week. It was a little better today...it felt kind of like a doggy paddle, but please think of me when you talk to Dad. I really have problems asking for help and your first year of teaching is hard no matter what country you are in.
So, my class has graduated from four to six students. I absolutely love my kids. They are so sweet and I truly look forward to seeing them every day. They are so excited about silly things sometimes....This morning we played Go Fish and they loved it and almost didn't want to stop for recess. It made me smile.
Yesterday was an adventure...after school I went with my friends to the hairdressers. I had just planned on trimming my hair, but then I decided that I was sick of being hot and I chopped it to my shoulders....yep, my long hair is gone and I am so much cooler now and I love my hair and I totally look like my mom when she was in her twenties....I love my hair....I was actually pretty terrified that it would look awful especially since my glasses were off the whole time, but my hair looked exactly like the picture and he even styled my hair too....Did I say that I love my hair? One of my friends got her hair permed and the way they did her curls looked like they were giving her electro-shock therapy. It made me laugh so hard...and then they did a Chinese girl and the contraption on her head looked like an alien brain sucker...it was funny....
I wish I could tell you all how much I love being here. It is an amazing place and I couldn't see myself anywhere else. Dad truly led me here and my head of department really encouraged me this morning by saying that Dad had placed each of these kids in my class for a readon. For some reason or another each one was put there when they could be at some other school in some other city. It was such an encouragement....but anyway....I love you all!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I hope things are going well with you, I have been talking to Dad. I started method's I this week, so it'll be interesting to see where Dad takes me in all this :-)

Thinking of you often