Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Simply Exhausted

So, I know that many of you have already heard about this, but I am coveting all of your thoughts right now.  I'm having a pretty rough time right now.  I started having nightmares last week sometime.  This has been a common occurence since I was a child, but this problem still ruins my sleeping patterns.  By Friday the lack of good sleep combined with a new country and job took its toll and I got sick.  I spend Saturday and Sunday miserable, feverish, coughing, and without a voice.  By Monday all I was doing was coughing and I had no voice.  This morning I woke up with a voice but I had not slept since I got sick and my body was not recovering from the cough like it needed.  Tonight I begged for sleep and here I am 3 hours later having choked and coughed more times than I can count, exhausted, still suffering from nightmares, and desperately just wanting sleep.  Will you all please keep this in mind for me?
My roommate is also really sick and has not been able to sleep either.  She found out today that she has pneumonia and she says that sleeping is like drowning in her lungs.  Can you also keep her in your thoughts?  Thank you all so much!  I'm going to attempt to go sleep...again.

No comments: